I have always loved quotes, but with Pinterest around to help me create boards of them, I love them even more! Inspirational quotes are, of course, inspiring, and they have even more of an effect when they are scattered your house, walls, or written on pages of your notebook. I recently painted the quote “All you need is love” onto a canvas. I am happy with the results and thought I would share.
Canvas – the size is up to you
Paints – again, the color choices are up to you
Paint brushes – get multiple brushes with varying sizes
Masking tape – any color or size will do
1) Cover all the edges of the canvas with masking take (it should form a border around the canvas). Then choose a base color and thoroughly cover the entire surface. Let this dry completely before moving onto the next step.
2) Next, choose the color you would like the border to be. Then go around the edges and paint over the masking tape. It is okay if you get it on the masking tape because you will eventually be pulling it off. Also make sure to paint on the actual canvas and not just the tape.
3) After you let the border completely dry, paint on your quote in a different color. Let this dry before moving on.
4) Once everything is COMPLETELY dry, carefully peel off the masking tape.
5) You are finished after you peel off the tape. Enjoy your new wall art!